- GEN-Y Universal Covers Info
- Universal Cover Instructional Video
- Size Chart
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Purchase from the GEN-Y Outlet
We are clearing the shelves for new products coming in! All remaining Universals are DEEPLY discounted in our clearance section. GO! Check it out :)
The GEN-Y Universal cover is designed to make your cloth diapering experience easier, simpler, and more fun! Inner leg gussets contain anything your child can dish out. Our super soft polyester/ spandex jersey binding is gentle and comfortable against your baby's skin. Specially shaped inner flaps on the front and back work perfectly to hold any lay in or insert in place, while a gathered front allows you the room you need to use with fitteds or contour diapers. A snap down rise and highly adjustable legs and waist mean you need just two sizes for the perfect fit from birth to potty. Wipe-clean or air-out inside so you can reuse until soiled. Poly-resin snap closures allow air circulation, are more difficult for your baby to undo, and won't snag or wear out with time. Machine wash/ dry with your other diapers... What's not to love?
GEN-Y products are made in the USA.
Please note that the pattern will be inverted on the front panel of the diaper. Print placement may vary. New GEN-Y covers should be washed separately in hot water with your regular detergent once to ensure color fastness. After an initial wash your covers may be added in with your regular diaper laundry.
Please view our info page for size chart, cover style comparison chart, washing instructions, and FAQ. We recommend measuring your little one before selecting a size. Weight estimates are only estimates.
Our covers are designed to wear hard and last. We guarantee our covers against defects for six months from the date of sale to the original customer. Proper care and washing and original receipt must be displayed for returns and exchanges, so please be sure to read our full care and washing instructions on our info page. Please contact us for more information.
|Size||Rise||Legs||Waist||Est. Weight Ranges|
|Small||13 - 16||5 - 10||11 - 18||6 - 18 lbs.|
|Large||16 - 19||7 - 12||14 - 23||18 - 38 lbs.|
- Q. I am worried about covers leaving red marks on my child. How gentle is the binding on GEN-Y covers?
- A. The binding is a very soft spandex/ polyester jersey. We have found this stretch binding to be one of the gentlest on the market. When your child is in the proper size, red marks should be virtually non existent. Please fasten your GEN-Y covers on the largest leg setting that does not cause visible gaping to ensure that your child has the most comfortable fit. Please note that every child has different skin sensitivities, so we recommend trying one cover to see how it works for you. GEN-Y covers should not be used on children with spandex allergies.
- Q. Wait a minute, cotton outer? Doesn't that wick?
- A. GEN-Y covers are uniquely constructed so that the PUL layer forms a compete barrier between the absorbent diaper and the cotton outer; so the cotton never comes in contact with wetness. In addition, the gussets on GEN-Y Universal covers are made only of PUL, eliminating compression leaks. These covers stand up to even heavy wetters, even for overnight!
- Q. How should I launder my GEN-Y cover?
- A. Wash hot with your regular professional detergent, tumble dry low or hang dry. If laundering with hook and loop closure products, be sure that all laundry tabs are securely fastened to avoid snagging. Do not use the sanitary cycle for GEN-Y covers or expose them to temperatures over 130 degrees.
- Q. Does the cotton outer fade or bleed?
- A. We recommend washing your cover once separately in hot water with your regular detergent when when it is brand new. After that, the cotton will not transfer color in the wash. We have washed ours on hot, in heavy duty detergent, four times a week for six months before they start to fade. Even after they fade slightly, the covers are still very attractive, just a bit more pastel. Please note that our fabric comes from many different designers, so results may vary. (click to view wear comparison)
- Q. Why is there an extra snap on the bottom of the middle row of rise snaps?
- A. When the cover is on the smaller rise setting and you are using it with trim inserts; snapping the middle snap down one farther than the two side snaps takes the extra poof out of the front and makes the cover super trim. When the rise is unsnapped for your larger child, only snap the middle snap to achieve the same effect.
- Q. Can I use my Universal cover with another major diapering company's inserts?
- A. Yes! This cover was designed to be cross compatible with every brand we could find. Please note that if your inserts are microfiber, you must add a stay dry or natural fiber layer on top to protect you baby's skin (microfiber can be irritating if left in skin contact)
- Q. Where are GEN-Y covers manufactured?
- A. GEN-Y manufactures all products in the USA. In addition, we make every attempt to avoid purchasing Chinese made materials.
- Q. Can my GEN-Y Universal cover help with learning to use the potty?
- A. Yes! When your toddler is ready, use lay in insets or prefolds that are natural fibers so that your little one can feel the wetness better and be more aware of his body. Snap the waist loosely so that your toddler can easily pull the GEN-Y Universal cover up and down himself as he learns how to use the potty.
- Q. I am concerned about chemicals in laminate fabric, what kind of PUL is used in GEN-Y covers?
- A. The PUL in GEN-Y covers is some of the safest on the market. It is is CPSIA (Consumer product Safety Improvement Act) certified lead and phalate free, PVC and latex free, and it is made in the USA of 100% US components.