- GEN-Y Classic Covers Info
- Diaper Cover Instructional Video
- Size Chart
- Wear Comparison
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Purchase from the GEN-Y Outlet
GEN-Y Classic covers are virtually leak proof and very easy to use. An inner layer of PUL acts as a waterproof barrier, but is soft and flexible. The waist and legs are gathered so nothing escapes your diaper. Our binding is super soft, non wicking jersey for your little one's comfort. Poly-resin snap closures allow air circulation, are more difficult for your baby to undo, and won't snag or wear out with time. Machine wash/ dry with your other diapers... What's not to love?
GEN-Y products are made in the USA.
Please note that the pattern will be inverted on the front panel of the diaper. Print placement may vary. New GEN-Y covers should be washed separately in hot water with your regular detergent once to ensure color fastness. After an initial wash your covers may be added in with your regular diaper laundry.
Please view our info page for size chart, cover style comparison chart, washing instructions, and FAQ. We recommend measuring your little one before selecting a size. Weight estimates are only estimates.
Our covers are designed to wear hard and last. We guarantee our covers against defects for six months from the date of sale to the original customer. Proper care and washing and original receipt must be displayed for returns and exchanges, so please be sure to read our full care and washing instructions on our info page. Please contact us for more information.
We hope you love your order. If not, just return your unused, unwashed items with their original, undamaged packaging within 30 days of receipt and we will refund your money promptly and cheerfully. Return shipping is not reimbursed except in the case of item defect. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions.
|Size||Rise||Legs||Waist||Est. Weight Ranges|
|Extra Small||16||6 - 10||10 - 16||8 - 15 lbs.|
|Small||17||7 - 11||12 - 19||13 - 21 lbs.|
|Medium||18||8 - 12||13 - 22||19 - 26 lbs.|
|Large||19||9 - 13||15 - 24||22 - 31 lbs.|
|Extra Large||21||10 - 14||16 - 26||29 - 40+ lbs.|
- Q. What kind of absorbent diaper can I use with my GEN-Y Classic cover?
- A. Any fitted diaper, or a prefold with a fastener of any kind. These beautiful covers can also be used to dress up a disposable diaper. Lay in diapers and inserts do not work well with GEN-Y covers.
- Q. Do GEN-Y Classic covers wick?
- A. No, when used properly, GEN-Y Classic covers do not wick. Proper use entails using a fitted or fastened absorbent diaper under the cover and changing the diaper before it reaches saturation. Absorbent diapers that gap around the legs may cause wicking; be sure that the absorbent diaper fits your child snugly.
- Q. Why don't GEN-Y covers wick to the cotton outer?
- A. GEN-Y covers are uniquely constructed so that the PUL layer forms a compete barrier between the absorbent diaper and the cotton outer; so the cotton never comes in contact with wetness. This is the same reason that PUL covers do not wick to clothing.
- Q. I am worried about covers leaving red marks on my child. How gentle is the binding on GEN-Y covers?
- A. The binding is a very soft spandex/ polyester jersey. We have found this stretch binding to be one of the gentlest on the market. When your child is in the proper size, red marks should be virtually non existent. Please fasten your GEN-Y covers on the largest leg setting that does not cause visible gaping to ensure that your child has the most comfortable fit. Please note that every child has different skin sensitivities, so we recommend trying one cover to see how it works for you. GEN-Y covers should not be used on children with spandex allergies.
- Q. Where are GEN-Y covers manufactured?
- A. GEN-Y manufactures all products in the USA. In addition, we make every attempt to avoid purchasing Chinese made materials.
- Q. Can I use my GEN-Y cover for more than one diaper change before laundering?
- A. Yes, as long as the cover is not soiled, just wipe the inner PUL clean, and put it over a fresh diaper.
- Q. Does the cotton outer fade or bleed?
- A. We recommend washing your cover once separately in hot water with your regular detergent when when it is brand new. After that, the cotton will not transfer color in the wash. We have washed ours on hot, in heavy duty detergent, four times a week for six months before they start to fade. Even after they fade slightly, the covers are still very attractive, just a bit more pastel. Please note that our fabric comes from many different designers, so results may vary. (click to view wear comparison)
- Q. My child could fit in two different sizes; which one should I purchase?
- A. It depends on what diapers you want to use with your GEN-Y cover. If you are using the cover over prefolds or trim fitted diapers, the smaller size will give you a trimmer fit. If you are using larger absorbent diapers, nighttime diapers, or you want more room to grow, the larger size would be the better option. Please note that GEN-Y covers will also shrink a small amount in the first hot wash. Please note that covers with a Minkee outer will not shrink. Sizing up with Minkee covers is not recommended.
- Q. How should I launder my GEN-Y cover?
- A. Wash hot with your regular professional detergent, tumble dry low or hang dry. If laundering with hook and loop closure products, be sure that all laundry tabs are securely fastened to avoid snagging. Do not use the sanitary cycle for GEN-Y covers or expose them to temperatures over 130 degrees.
- Q. I am concerned about chemicals in laminate fabric, what kind of PUL is used in GEN-Y covers?
- A. The PUL in GEN-Y covers is some of the safest on the market. It is is CPSIA (Consumer product Safety Improvement Act) certified lead and phalate free, PVC and latex free, and it is made in the USA of 100% US components.